So, just to throw some content out there – here are my conversions for the Legacy Magic items from Barrow of a Forgotten King and The Sinister Spire. It is interesting because of the lack of Feat progression in 5E, so I basically dumped that entire mechanic. I was also not much of a fan of the special ritual “unlocking” mechanic because I think it creates more work for the DM rather than opportunities for the player.
Yeah, there are at least a couple more coming along here once the players aquire them, and I’ll be sure to post those stats as well.
Merthúvial – The Kingmaker
A masterwork longsword made of shining adamant, with the runes of Aleph in spelling out Merthivial (or “Kingmaker”) along the blade. It has a plain hilt set with a single large pearl in the pommel.
- Good or Neutral Alignment
- Persuasion Skill
- Proficiency in Longsword
- +2 Adamant Longsword
- Considered Enchanted
- Has Advantage against all non-Adamant Armor
- Does double damage dice (2d8, or Versatile for 2d10)
- Has the Finesse Quality (weighs half normal)
- When drawn and held, it glows with white light equal to a torch in strength. In combat this light becomes distinctly reddish in hue, though the brightness and intensity stay the same.
- 5th: Detect Thoughts – 1/Day
- 7th: Strength of Kings – (+2 Strength while worn)
- 8th: Loyal Servitor – (Continual Unseen Servant)
- 10th: Merciful Redress – 3/Day – “Your Strength Shall Return” (Lesser Restoration)
- 11th: +3 Bonus, Plus Keen (Doubles Chance of Critical)
- 13th: Lordly Orator – Advantage on Charisma Skill Checks while Targets have Disadvantage to Resist
- 14th: Expel From The Realm – 1/Day – “Begone!” (Banishment)
- 16th: Loyal Minions – 1/Day – “To Me!” – (Monster Summoning V)
- 17th: +4 Bonus, Adds Shocking (+1d10 Electrical Damage, doubled on Critical)
- 20th: Kings Command – 1/Day – “Hear and Obey!” (Dominate Monster)
Spell Save DC’s are equal to 8 + Proficiency Bonus + Charisma Modifier + Weapon Bonus
Banrhialorg – The Queen’s Brooch
A Masterwork Brooch of unblemished gold, it features a draconic head with sapphire eyes and ruby tongue. Close examination reveals that faint lines and joins in the brooch and it’s chain form a sequence of arcane runes.
- Arcane spellcaster
- Arcana skill
- When an arcane spellcaster uses the brooch, the sapphire eyes flash with lightning and the ruby tongue burns with fire, shedding light like a candle. The wielder can suppress this effect with a reaction, but must do so each time the brooch is used.
- The wielder may also double the duration of up to three spells each day as a Reaction.
- 5th Level: Arcane Cipher – Can use Detect Magic, Read Magic, and Arcane Mark as a normal Action.
- 6th Level: Arcane Alacrity – The wearer can memorize and prepare spells in a third of the normal amount of time.
- 10th Level: Arcane Resistance – The wearer has Advantage on saves vs. Spells.
- 13th Level: Arcane Persistence – The wielder can double the duration on up to an additional three spells that they cast as a Reaction daily.
- 14th Level: Arcane Repulsion – The wielder has Resistance to magical damage.
- 16th Level: Arcane Reserve – The wielder can store up to three levels of spells in the brooch.
- 17th Level: Arcane Acumen – Grants a +6 to Spell Save DC and Spell Attack Modifiers. In the event that the wielder has multiple arcane classes they must pick one class that the bonus applies to.
- 20th Level: Arcane Empowerment – The wielder can increase the power of up to three spells that they cast per day. This increases the range, damage, area-of-effect, and duration by 50%.