Master’s Lorica (Enchantment – Alteration)
- 6th Level Mage Spell
- Range: None
- Area of Effect: Self
- Duration: One day per level.
- Components: VSM
- Casting Time: 6 Segments
An advancement and a refinement of the Journeyman’s Hauberk spell, Master’s Lorica as a standby of personal protection and utility, for Master-class mages. It is often considered a far more useful spell than Mantle given it’s simplicity and blanket protections. The spell has the following properties:
- Grants an Armour Class of 3
- The bearer is also immune to non-magical weapons.
- Provides a phantom 12 Hit Points, +2 per level of the caster, that absorbs or ablates damage.
- If these Phantom Hit Points run out, the spell is dispelled.
- The bearer may spend 1d4 of these phantom Hit Points toDispel Magicon single enchantment by touch
- The bearer of the spell benefits from a Protection from Evil enchantment
- Absorbs Magic Missilesand like eldritch energies
- This damage “recharges” the phantom hit points granted by the armour at a 2:1 ratio.
- The bearer of the spell has Fire Resistance as the ring
- The bearer of the spell has Warmth as the ring
- The bearer of the spell has Grounding as the ring
- Grants a +1 to all Saves per four levels of caster
- Allows the bearer of the spell to Detect Magic by touch
- Allows the bearer of the spell to Detect Illusion by touch
Much like Journeyman’s Hauberk, the Master’s Lorica requires unalterable material components that is perhaps the sole restriction on use by many mages, and that is 100sp worth each of Diamond, Sapphire, Emerald, and Amethyst Dust is needed for each casting. This requirement cannot be omitted by the mage, its lack spells instant failure. The spell itself produces no visible effect (unlike, say, Phantom Armour) but it’s effects can clearly be seen or perceived by others when they come into play. No other protective spells can be used while this spell is in effect. The spell cannot be Dispelled, nor is it removed by Globes of Invulnerability, and is generally only able to be removed by actual anti-magical effects.